Did you know that the National Retail Federation estimates that somewhere between 640,000 and 690,000 additional employees will be hired this Holiday Season? I saw a recent news release that FedEx alone will be hiring close to 55,000 workers to keep up with the supply and demand of online shoppers. Here take a look for yourself:
With all the additional help, staying focused on the everyday challenges of running a retail establishment can be overwhelming for some. Especially if you don’t have the right tools in place to help you along. First and foremost be sure to do a complete background screening. Another good means of protecting yourself against “shrinkage” is with a P.O.S. System. The solutions available for businesses have never been better or more cost effective. Take for instance, the Clover system, not only will this system enable you to track the hottest items flying off the shelves it can also assist you with your labor costs.
Here’s an example of Home Base, a Time Clock application that can be utilized with the Clover system. This app. can help you cut costs and manage your employees more effectively.
- Notifications as to approaching overtime and no show alerts
- Payroll-ready time sheet export
- Manage employee productivity
- Employees can’t clock-in prior to their shift
- Secure employee clock-ins, by taking a picture of the employee at that time
- Can significantly manage your payroll, so you don’t have to
- Forecast and manage your labor costs
- Send schedules via text and email
- Manage time-off requests
The other benefit to Clover is that it’s an a la carte solution, so you can pick and choose what works best for your business. If you’re still using one of those old fashioned registers, it may be a good time to look at Clover.
Clover provides your business with the benefit of employee accountability, find out how today!