Is it time you considered adding a Signature Capture Device?
It may be closer to reality than we might expect. There are key chemical components utilized in receipt paper that are low in supply and high in demand.
Why? An estimated 80K factories have been fined, shut down or hit with criminal offenses due to the Chinese Government’s renewed enforcement of environmental regulations.
There has been a buzz in the air that there is a global thermal paper shortage. Paper vendors continue warning about the imminent price increases and shortages.
We know how critical it is for you to have a reliable supply of thermal paper at a reasonable price, and we will do everything within our power to assist through this paper shortage. The reality is that there will be price increases, and paper will need to be allocated and rationed at times.
For Best Practices and help during this shortage, here are some things you may wish to consider:
- American Express, Discover, MasterCard & Visa are no longer requiring signatures on credit card charges. So unless you have tips to consider, turn off the credit card signature receipt, or better yet, enable signature capture on your devices.
- Take advantage of and emailing or texting receipts to your customers. This is a big win because you can retain your customer’s data for future promotions, and have a positive impact on the environment
- Remember to Offer Pay at the Table in restaurants
- Take advantage of guest self-pay options (apps, kiosks, etc.)
- Use Signature Capture PIN pads
The new signature capture devices have become more affordable in every industry. These devices save you money by empowering you to electronically accept payments at the table, through a Kiosk or even through your phone. You also will reduce paper consumption by sending payment requests electronically through apps that automate the checkout process. It couldn’t be a better time to adopt these simple to use technologies to go paperless and save!